Luxury Sectional Living Room Design -Whether you live in small metropolitan apartment, a house in the suburbs, or a log cabin in the mountains, your living room creates a lasting impression on those who visit. It sets the mood and should reflect your personal taste. So, to begin our helpful hints for home decorating ideas, let’s start with some simple tips for the living room.
You don’t have to spend a lot of time or money to get a new look that will be a pick up for both you and your living room. Just add some color; here’s how:
1. Paint just One Wall
This will really change the focal point of the living room without getting into a major redecorating project. If your room has a niche, it’s the perfect choice for extra color. You can choose a bold, contrasting color picked from a floral fabric, or a subtle tone darker than the tone of the other walls. Any change in color will add interest and splash!
2. Throw a Few Pillows Around
Nothing adds color like strategically placed throw pillows. Choose solids for a floral print or colorful, patterned pillows for a solid color chair or sofa. This is just one of many home decorating ideas that will not only add a bright splash of color, but will also add comfort to your seating arrangements.
3. Add Green or Flowering Plants
If you don’t have a green thumb, ask your nursery or home center to recommend ones that require little or no care. If you’re gone from home a lot, settle for some of the wonderful artificial ones on the market now. You can find great looking plants, foliage, and flowers that only need to be dusted. The Internet is a wonderful source for these.
4. Put Some Color on the Floor
A colorful throw rug placed in front of a chair or under a coffee table can add color and texture to a living room (or any room). It can be put on top of any type of flooring, including carpet. If it is on a smooth surface, make certain to have a no skid backing. Choose a contrast color (from fabric you’re using in the room}, or look for one with an interesting pattern that ties into the theme of your room.
5. Add Interesting Artwork
A colorful piece of art placed in a living room not only adds a decorative touch, but also introduces colors and shapes. Try framing simple photos with colorful mats and bright frames.
<6. A Throw Adds both Warmth and Color
A handmade quilt, nubby woven throw, or cozy, colorful blanket adds interest when draped over the back or arm of a neutral sofa or chair. Choose a color that accents other pieces in the room, as well.
7. Reflect Color
This is one of the home decorating ideas that appeals to many. Place a large mirror on a bare or boring wall. Buy an interesting frame or just decorate a piece of mirror with cording or braid. If you have an old frame, consider painting it a bright color. The mirror will reflect the color from around the room and add light to the space.
Tips for the guest room
Not too many people give enough thought to decorating the guest room in their home, but, if you like to have guests stay over, here are some simple home decorating ideas for your guest room. Your budget may not allow you to provide all the amenities of a five star hotel, but there are certain things you can do to make your guests comfortable.
1. Buy the Best Bed Your Money Can Buy
Don’t give your guest the oldest, most saggy mattress you have. If you can’t afford a new bed, think about getting a quality air mattress. They’re quite comfortable and can be placed on top of a box spring, over a sofa bed mattress, or on the floor.
2. Clean Bedding a Must
Just make sure you have nicely laundered, clean bedding.
3. A Place to Put a Suitcase
Clear a space to put a luggage rack or a small table or bench to set down a suitcase. Even a chair is better than nothing!
4. Keep it Uncluttered
Get rid of anything that you would not find in the room of a fine hotel. Keep only the most useful items in the room, like a clock and calendar. A good reading lamp would be a plus!
5. Hanger and Drawer Space
Luxury Sectional Living Room Design ideas -If your guest room shares space with a home office, clear at least a foot or two of pole space in the closet. Or purchase an inexpensive over-the-door hook that can accommodate some hanging clothes and clear out one or two drawers for small items. Both you and your guest will feel better with odds and ends out of sight.
Luxury Sectional Living Room Design Gallery
Gallery of: Luxury Sectional Living Room Design
- 12 Living Room Ideas For A Grey Sectional | Hgtv's Decorating regarding Luxury Sectional Living Room Design 688
- Top 25+ Best Living Room Sectional Ideas On Pinterest | Neutral intended for Sectional Living Room Design 688
- Awesome Living Room Sectional Sofa Gallery – Amazing Design Ideas inside Luxury Sectional Living Room Design 688
- 12 Living Room Ideas For A Grey Sectional | Hgtv's Decorating with Sectional Living Room Design 688
- Living Room Decor With Sectional | Eiforces for Luxury Sectional Living Room Design 688
- Living Room Design Ideas With Sectionals throughout Luxury Sectional Living Room Design 688
- 12 Living Room Ideas For A Grey Sectional | Hgtv's Decorating within Luxury Sectional Living Room Design 688
- 12 Living Room Ideas For A Grey Sectional | Hgtv's Decorating inside Sectional Living Room Design 688
- Top 25+ Best Living Room Sectional Ideas On Pinterest | Neutral throughout Luxury Sectional Living Room Design 688
- 12 Living Room Ideas For A Grey Sectional | Hgtv's Decorating in Sectional Living Room Design 688
- 12 Living Room Ideas For A Grey Sectional | Hgtv's Decorating inside Luxury Sectional Living Room Design 688